Civil Litigation Attorney
Serving Yonkers, Westchester County, and New York City
A contract is a written or oral agreement that is legally enforceable between two or more parties. The basic elements of a contract are mutual assent, consideration, capacity and legality. The law provides remedies to the parties if a promise is breached. Possible remedies for a breach of contract include general damages, reliance damages, consequential damages, liquidated damages and specific performance which is an often demanded remedy in real estate transactions. Contracts for illegal purposes are not enforceable at law.
Our firm represents clients in virtually all types of litigation, whether your case is small or complex, including cases regarding:
- Breach of contract and other contract disputes
- Partner and Shareholder disputes
- Dissolution of Corporations or Limited Liability Companies
- Disputes arising out of non-competition agreements (covenants not to compete)
- Insurance claim disputes
- Representing businesses as policyholders in claims for property and casualty loss, business interruption claims for loss of revenue due to floods, fires or other disasters, and for bad faith misconduct by insurers
- Service contracts
- Independent contractor agreements
- Construction contracts
- Title actions
- Adverse possession
- Commercial leases
- Option agreements
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Mortgage acceleration defense
- Real estate litigation matters
- Contract drafting and review
- Interference with contractual relations
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Construction litigation
- Mechanic’s liens
- Other general civil litigation
Our civil litigation practice is not limited to these types of cases. In order to learn more about how we can assist you with your litigation matter please feel free to contact us directly.
Whether you are being sued or you are suing someone else, you need quality legal representation from attorneys who are dedicated to your case. The attorneys at James G. Dibbini & Associates, P.C. are experienced in zealously and professionally prosecuting or defending legal actions to a successful resolution.
In order to learn more about how we can aggressively represent your interests, call us today for a consultation with James G. Dibbini, Esq.